Our annual Parade of Masks celebration is happening on Friday, October 26 from 12:45pm-2:15pm on the CMCS upper yard. This Spooktacular event needs everyone's help in order to be a success. Here are a few reminders for the day of the event:
- Teachers will assign classrooms for students to use to change costumes from 12:15pm to 12:40pm. Please wait until 12:15pm to change. Students (even with parent help) are not allowed to use the bathrooms to change in to costumes.
- This a very popular school event and we will absolutely run out of parking. Consider carpooling or using Uber/Lyft. If the lot is closed when you arrive, please do not respond aggressively to the school staff...they are just the messengers.
- Student will assemble by grade level on the upper yard. Parents should stand behind the classes so as not to block anyone's view.
- All activities are free, but snacks will require tickets. Teachers will pass out all presale tickets to students are the parade. Presale orders are due on Wednesday, October 24. Tickets can be purchased during the event.
- The upper yard play structure is closed for the entire event. Children (even with parents) are not allowed on the play structure at any time for any reason.
- If you plan to drive your child home, be sure to sign our with your classroom teachers so everyone will be accounted for when it's time for buses.
- No one will be able to drive in the upper yard lot once students dismissed back to class. Please be patient during this 10 minute window so all students will remain safe.
We are asking families to donate the following items based off their student’s grade.
- Kindergarten- Individual bags of chips
- 1st Grade- Candied or Caramel apples
- 2nd Grade- Push-up popsicles
- 3rd Grade- Juice boxes/pouches
- 4th Grade-cases of water
- 5th Grade- Healthy snacks (apples, cuties, veggies, hummus, etc..)
ALL Bakers-individually wrapped baked goods.
Please bring your items to Room 1 by Wednesday, October 24th. Popsicles can go in the freezer in the teacher’s lounge. Baked goods can be dropped off in the morning on Friday, October 26th.
Additionally, we need volunteers to help the day of Parade of Masks with set up, selling tickets & food, and clean up. Please go to the FreshSchools page to lend a hand.
Thank you in advance for all your help! Can’t wait to see you at Parade of Masks.